Thursday, November 18, 2010

Interview #3: Interview with Redness aka Chan:

Redness (Chan) is someone I respect online. For her combination of strong sense of justice, no nonsense attitude and fairly decent insights.

I wondered a little more about what she likes though. I have often asked her what she thought about particular things like goings on or advice on how to tackle a social problem.

I thought, why not switch it up and ask her, a bit about her.
Without further ado, here we go:


[Me]: So... what first got you interested in art?

[C]: What got me interested in Art?
Well, I come from a pretty artistic family in one area of art or another, and was surrounded by artistic people all of my life. My grandfather was a blues guitarist, and growing up going to church with him and my grandmother introduced me to other very talented singers and musicians in the gospel world.

My father is a potter and a painter, and we always had people who were artists coming by to talk art and use the kiln for their pottery, so I certainly got influenced listening to these people talk. I've also been blessed enough to have gone to one of our more diverse music festivals here and been able to meet some pretty fantastic musicians and been able to spend time and talk with people like BB King, Ani Difranco, Guy Davis, Spirit of the West.

Being bombarded with information pretty much from all these people certainly made my interest in the arts peak and made me want to explore it myself.

[Me]: Hey Chan, what are some of your favorite authors?
[C]: Douglas Coupland, Tom Stoppard, Arthur Golden, Joseph Conrad, Kurt Vonnegut,Chuck Palahniuk off the top of my head.

[Me]: How do you feel about the direction video games seem to be taking?
[C]: Sorry I didnt get you the last question, honestly that's kind of a heavy one for me, and I could possibly write something equivalent to an essay on that. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment